SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
STUDY TO ACHIEVE BEST LEADERSHIP
This qualification reflects the role of chefs and cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as
restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors. The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice. No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management learners are international students who are:
• Seeking to pursue or further a career in kitchen management
• Seeking to enter a new industry sector
• Seeking a pathway to higher level qualifications.
Characteristics of the target group are as follows:
International students from various countries who are seeking to develop their skills and knowledge in commercial cookery to further their career prospects or study pathways.
Typically, these students will not have any work experience and are between 18 – 35 years.
Students may be onshore students currently based in Australia or offshore students applying from overseas. Most students speak English as a second language and must satisfy English language proficiency in order to successfully enrol into the course.
Credit and/or RPL can be provided for those with existing skills and knowledge allowing such students to complete the course in a shorter timeframe.
The course is delivered face-to-face in classrooms, and through structured self-study. It incorporates a simulated workplace environment and access to fully equipped training facility at our campus. Practical components of the course are delivered face-to-face in an allocated classroom or at our designated kitchen. A work placement is also required.
Australian Institute of Digital Technology has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
• Minimum IELTS overall band of 5.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 5.0; or TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 65 with no band less than 15; or Pearson (PTE) 42 (no communicative skills less than 36); or any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency.
• Test results must be no more than 2 years old.
• English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
• Educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country; or
• Completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO; or
• Successful completion of an English Placement Test
• For levels 1 and 2 Students only, successful completion of AIDT Language and Numeracy Test conducted on AIDT (for onshore international students ONLY.)
• International students applying for a Certificate III level course will need to provide evidence of satisfactory completion of Australian Year 10 (or equivalent) or certificate II or higher.
In order to achieve qualification students must complete the following 33 units of competency which includes 27 core units and 6 elective units
|SITHCCC023*||Use food preparation equipment||Core|
|SITHCCC027*||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery||Core|
|SITHCCC028*||Prepare appetisers and salads||Core|
|SITHCCC029*||Prepare stocks, sauces and soups||Core|
|SITHCCC030*||Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes||Core|
|SITHCCC031*||Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes||Core|
|SITHCCC035*||Prepare poultry dishes||Core|
|SITHCCC036*||Prepare meat dishes||Core|
|SITHCCC037*||Prepare seafood dishes||Core|
|SITHCCC041*||Produce cakes, pastries and breads||Core|
|SITHCCC042*||Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements||Core|
|SITHCCC043*||Work effectively as a cook||Core|
|SITHKOP010||Plan and cost recipes||Core|
|SITHKOP012*||Develop recipes for special dietary requirements||Core|
|SITHKOP013*||Plan cooking operations||Core|
|SITHKOP015*||Design and cost menus||Core|
|SITXFIN009||Manage finances within a budget||Core|
|SITXFSA005||Use hygienic practices for food safety||Core|
|SITXFSA006||Participate in safe food handling practices||Core|
|SITXFSA008*||Develop and implement a food safety program||Core|
|SITXHRM009||Lead and manage people||Core|
|SITXINV006*||Receive, store and maintain stock||Core|
|SITXMGT004||Monitor work operations||Core|
|SITXWHS007||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices||Core|
|SITHCCC026*||Package prepared foodstuffs||Elective|
|SITHCCC038*||Produce and serve food for buffets||Elective|
|SITHCCC040*||Prepare and serve cheese||Elective|
|SITXCCS015||Enhance customer service experiences||Elective|
|SITXHRM010||Recruit, select and induct staff||Elective|
|SITXWHS006||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks||Elective|
Tuition Fee: $17,000
Enrolment Fee: $200
Material Fee: $1,000
We Help Our Students To Achieve Professional Leadership.
why learn from us?
flexible learning opportunites
It is easy to complete the course from home or whatever location helps you to find your focus, meaning no time wasted commuting anywhere or cramming yourself into an overcrowded classroom. s mus.
Structured Course materials
We strongly believe that students will benefit from the limitless. Once you purchase a course, you'll have access for life.
It will give you access to a mixture of learning formats, Including immersive video tutorials and comprehensive text-based guides to suit your ideal education style.
Get quick and affordable tutoring help from our team of professionals. Our Expert tutors will be available via email and phone 6 days a week for any questions you might have.