SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management
Diploma of Hospitality Management
:SIT50422 | CRICOS Code 111541C
:78 Weeks (Incl Holidays)
:26 Weeks (With Cert IV)
STUDY TO ACHIEVE BEST LEADERSHIP
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Possible job titles include: banquet or function manager, bar manager, cafe manager, chef de cuisine, chef pâtissier, club manager, executive housekeeper, front office manager, gaming manager, kitchen manager, motel manager, restaurant manager, sous chef, Unit manager catering operations.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management learners are international students who are:
• Seeking to pursue or further a career in hospitality management
• Seeking to enter a new industry sector
• Seeking a pathway to higher level qualifications.
Characteristics of the target group are as follows:
International students from various countries who are seeking to develop their skills and knowledge in hospitality management to further their career prospects or study pathways. Typically, these students will not have any work experience and are between 18 – 35 years.
Students may be onshore students currently based in Australia or offshore students applying from overseas. Most students speak English as a second language and must satisfy English language proficiency in order to successfully enrol into the course.
Credit and/or RPL can be provided for those with existing skills and knowledge allowing such students to complete the course in a shorter timeframe. CoE duration will be shorted in these cases for international students.
The course is delivered face-to-face in classrooms, and through structured self-study. It incorporates a simulated workplace environment and access to fully equipped training facility at our campus. Practical components of the course are delivered face-to-face in an allocated classroom or at our designated kitchen. A work placement is also required.
Australian Institute of Digital Technology has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
• Minimum IELTS overall band of 5.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 5.0; or TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 65 with no band less than 15; or Pearson (PTE) 42 (no communicative skills less than 36); or any other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency.
• Test results must be no more than 2 years old.
• English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
• Educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country; or
• Completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO; or
• Successful completion of an English Placement Test
• For levels 1 and 2 Students only, successful completion of AIDT Language and Numeracy Test conducted on AIDT (for onshore international students ONLY.)
• International students applying for a Diploma level course will need to provide evidence of satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 (or equivalent) or certificate IV or higher.
|SITXCCS015||Enhance customer service experiences||Core|
|SITXCCS016||Develop and manage quality customer service practices||Core|
|SITXFIN009||Manage finances within a budget||Core|
|SITXFIN010||Prepare and monitor budgets||Core|
|SITXGLC002||Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law||Core|
|SITXHRM009||Lead and manage people||Core|
|SITXMGT004||Monitor work operations||Core|
|SITXMGT005||Establish and conduct business relationships||Core|
|SITXWHS007||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices||Core|
|SITXFSA005||Use hygienic practices for food safety||Elective|
|SITHIND008||Work effectively in hospitality service||Elective|
|SITHCCC023*||Use food preparation equipment||Elective|
|SITHCCC027*||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery||Elective|
|SITHFAB021||Provide responsible service of alcohol||Elective|
|SITHCCC029*||Prepare stocks, sauces and soups||Elective|
|SITHCCC030*||Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes||Elective|
|SITHCCC035*||Prepare poultry dishes||Elective|
|SITHCCC036*||Prepare meat dishes||Elective|
|SITHCCC037*||Prepare seafood dishes||Elective|
|SITXFIN008||Interpret financial information||Elective|
|SITXFSA006||Participate in safe food handling practices||Elective|
|SITXHRM010||Recruit, select and induct staff||Elective|
|ITXHRM007||Coach others in job skills||Elective|
|SITHIND006||Source and use information on the hospitality industry||Elective|
Course Fee Offshore: $12,000 AUD
Course Fee Onshore: $10,000 AUD
Course Fee Packaged: $4,000 AUD
Resource Fee: $1500 AUD
Enrolment Fee: $250 AUD
We Help Our Students To Achieve Professional Leadership.
why learn from us?
flexible learning opportunites
It is easy to complete the course from home or whatever location helps you to find your focus, meaning no time wasted commuting anywhere or cramming yourself into an overcrowded classroom. s mus.
Structured Course materials
We strongly believe that students will benefit from the limitless. Once you purchase a course, you'll have access for life.
It will give you access to a mixture of learning formats, Including immersive video tutorials and comprehensive text-based guides to suit your ideal education style.
Get quick and affordable tutoring help from our team of professionals. Our Expert tutors will be available via email and phone 6 days a week for any questions you might have.